Wednesday, August 20, 2008

8-20-2008

The last few days have gone very well. I have been very forunate experiencing only minimal nausea and the ocasional headache. The days have been going by very slowly and I've been pretty bored which is a good thing. Boring days in the hospital are good, for sure. I have been doing so good that I may be able to leave the hospital early. The doctor has made the decision to switch all I.V. medicine to pill form and see how I feel the next day or so. If these next few days go well I'll be able to go to the Hope Lodge.



The Hope Lodge is a facility downtown (K.C.) that is owned by the American Cancer Society. This facility is used by cancer patients in order to stay close to the hospital. I must be within 30-45 minutes of the hospital at all times for approximately 100 days after transplant. Since we live slightly outside of that then I must stay at the Hope Lodge. This would not be the first time I stayed at the lodge, I stayed there during my last transplant. The facility is very nice and clean but you must have a 24 hour caregiver which in my case will be a combination of my mom, dad and Korey.

No comments: