Tuesday, August 26, 2008

8-26-2008

It's official, I'm losing my hair...

Three or so days ago my hair began to trickle out, a hair here and a hair there. But the last two days it has begun to pour out with a vengeance. I estimate that I have lost approximately 80% of my hair in the last two days. I was not too excited about this to say the least. Among the list of chemotherapy side effects which hair loss was not one of them was excessive facial hair growth. Ha, in other words for the ladies out there, you may lose your hair but you might in turn have excessive facial hair growth (with this same type of treatment). Weird.

This is not the first time my hair has fallen out due to chemotherapy so I'm not worried about it but people tend to look at you differently. When your hair falls out people give you a sympathy look and feel sorry for you becuase you look very sick. You get the ocassional comment about it and that's the last thing you want to think of at the time. Last time I expected my hair to fall out but not this time and it is a pretty big shocker.

I don't mean to scare anybody (esspecially the woman) out there about losing your hair. It does not always happen, it depends on the precribed chemotherapy regime.

No comments: